How To Make Your Own Wand

I found this on Pinterest and thought it was lovely. I haven't tried it, as I have my own lovely wand but maybe this will help those of you who have yet to find or make your perfect wand.  I actually wish I had found this tutorial before I found my wand. I'll tell you my wand story but first, the tutorial!



I'm going to share my wand story because I've been on this path for about 10 years now and I've read multiple books, watched videos, scoured thousands of online stores as well as retail stores but never quite felt "that" attraction to a wand. It was the one of the first things I wanted too. I mean, of course I'd seen wands and went "ohhh, ahhhh, pretty!" but the price tag usually scared me off and I never really felt that pull you get when something is right.

Then, while I was at Universal Studios in Orlando visiting the lovely Harry Potter attraction I went into "Olivanders" and would you believe that Hermione's wand was the wand that FINALLY after about 10 years of searching was the one wand for me? I mean I know the wand chooses the wizard and all that but seriously? It is by its very definition a cheap knock off, replicated a thousand times and now millions of people have the same exact wand and yet, that's the wand for me. That is my wand. It fits me perfectly, an olive green with ivy vines wrapped around it. Nothing too spectacular or fancy but that's the thing in all these years of practice that called to me. I wasn't really thrilled to spend $31 at the time I got it because I was REALLY tight on money but hey that was my wand, that's the one and I wasn't about to let it get away after all this time.

If you make this, let me know I'd love to see your creations. I've actually thought about making my own wand now that I've found this... just as a kind of experiment. I love to do crafty things (see what I did there?) and well, this kind of fits in perfectly with both. Plus, I could make it as a gift and send it to someone or who's to say you can't have more than one wand?


Comments

Popular Posts