Ghost Stories & Prophetic Dreaming

It's All Hallows Eve and I thought I'd share some personal ghost stories and an adventure in prophetic dreaming.

Photo Credit: CleverCrow.com

Last month I began working on prophetic dreaming. I am trying to increase my psychic powers and ever since I was little I've had dreams that came true. The most vivid and probably most traumatic was predicting my beloved guinea pig Fudge's death. The dream woke me up so I got up, flipped on the lights, saw she was alive, took her out and played with her on my bed, kissed her and put her back into her aquarium and went back to sleep. Woke up the next morning to her belly up. I screamed and cried and tried to give her CPR but to no avail. My parents had to pry her from me so I could hold a funeral and we buried her in the backyard and everything. She got the works and I wore black for weeks. I thought I killed her so it was the least I could do. I couldn't have been more than 7 or 8.

Since then I've just seen the homes I'd come to live in. The scariest was a blue house we lived in after my father died. We moved back to Iowa from Indianapolis, to a tiny town called Afton. I hated it there. Regardless, my uncle was trying to turn a 5 bedroom 1 1/2 bath Victorian house into a bed and breakfast. He's actually a really good chef - only problem is there is no need for a bed and breakfast in Afton, Iowa. It's not a place anyone wants to visit. Unless of course you want to stay in a haunted mansion.

Let me tell you of the things that went on in that house because they are quite interesting. Starting with the prophetic dream of course. The dream occurred after I wasn't so scared of dreaming anymore and it probably happened while I lived in Indiana and before my dad passed away.

I had a dream about dinosaurs chasing me around this victorian style slate blue house that had old style servant stair case to the back side of the upstairs of the house. In between one room and the kitchen, on the opposite side from the stair case was a bathroom with a trap door that lead to the living room and in the living room was an exit to the wrap around porch, the dinning area and parlor or stairs that followed the wall from the door around the corner and upstairs. Below the stairs was a secret compartment that connected to the trap door in the downstairs bathroom.

The dinosaurs chased me up and down and around and around this house and at the end of the dream I go through the trap door in the bathroom, out the secret compartment, out the front door, down the stairs and jump into an old skyblue with wood panel station wagon that a red raptor hops on, opens the top of the wagon like a sardine can and then as he is about to chomp on my head I wake up. I had this dream about 3 times and nothing changed about it.

So imagine my horror when my dad died and we moved back to Iowa to live with my uncle and pulled in front of the slate blue victorian house? I thought, "pretty house, this might not be so bad." I was closer to family I grew up with and back "home" or so I thought. Until I started exploring and recognized the kitchen with the servant staircase, bathroom (no trap door I'm afraid - I checked) in between the kitchen and another room (which would end up being my Uncle Victor's office) and guess what was under the stairs in the living room? SECRET COMPARTMENT. But all it had in it was an old mannequin from like the 1800's with an old hoop skirt on it covered in dust and boxes of clothing from like the 70's. I was 12 so I had fun playing dress up. My Uncle knew nothing of it. I was the first to find it and naturally when he goes "how'd you know this was here?" I said "I dreamed we lived in this house and dinosaurs ate us all." Everyone laughed but me.

Now onto the good stuff because that house was ridiculously haunted. We only lived there for a month and thank goodness for that! The dogs (mine plus my Uncle's) hated being alone in the house and we always heard noises in the nursery on the baby monitor. My cousin had a small infant and she stayed with us often.  My dog Daisy, never left my side, always slept at the end of my bed and growled at random places. She would literally back me up and away from the walls or the servant stairs, which used to upset me because I'd have to use the stairs in the living room and that was on the opposite side of the house from my room. She'd NEVER let me into the attic or the basement - she almost bit me once trying to keep me out and she NEVER  even so much as growled at me before. It wasn't normal "Daisy Mae Moses" behavior. She was always my protector but obviously she meant business. She wouldn't let my mom in either place either. My uncle and cousins she didn't give a rats ass about but my mom and I were never to enter the attic or basement. She would snap at us, haunches raised in front of the door and whine and paw at us when we yelled at her. We gave up after a few tries and decided to trust her judgement.

Later, I would have another dream about another house we'd move into but this time for a happy reason. I also dreamt about the apartment my mother and I now live in together and it was the only reason for us living here. When we walked in I just said, "this is where we're supposed to live. I've been here before. I've seen it in my dreams." When she asked me if it was like the blue house or the yellow I just told her the yellow and she understood. We like to talk about what happened in the blue house, the weird things that would go on there because now we understand it better.

I've lived in several places where people have died but to my dog's credit she never acted like the did in the blue house. She was even witness to my father's passing (he committed suicide after a violent night in which my mother and I fled the house and were in a hotel when it happened. My mom made me leave Daisy behind). Daisy never did anything in the house where my dad committed suicide: no barking, growling or anything though I saw his ghost twice while living there. My mom thinks now that the difference in behavior was that she knew my dad and knew he'd never hurt me but she didn't trust the ghost(s) in the blue house and that they might have been malevolent spirits who died in a bad way.

We really didn't have much time to test that theory (even though it wasn't a theory then) as we only lived there for a month after - we got evicted because we couldn't pay the rent. We've talked to our old neighbors, because they actually ended up being a childhood friend of my dad's so we've stayed in touch over the years and they have said the house is almost always empty. After a few months whoever moves into the house moves out because they say it is haunted. I often wonder if I were to go back to 3023 Eagledale Dr would my dad shoe me out or calm enough to let me stay? I've always said if I ever win the lottery I'm buying him a headstone (we couldn't afford one) and the old house to remain empty until I wanted to visit my dad.

I miss you Papa Bear.
Photo Credit: The Bear Spirit by Tamara Phillips


The first time I saw his ghost he was standing by the bird my mom loved. That bird hated EVERYONE but my mom. Her name was Cleo (yeah like Miss Cleo but it was Cleopatra) and she used to call out my dad's name in my mom's voice. The people that now have the bird say she still does it from time to time. Anyways, I came out of my moms room because my mom and I slept together to try and keep the nightmares away (it didn't work) and as I rounded the corner into the living room I saw him by her cage and at the moment I saw him turn his head, Cleo lunged at the bars of her cage the way she always did when my dad would walk by and she shouted his name and I lost my marbles. I think it was only a few days after his funeral.

My brother had a weird incident with an alarm clock. He stayed in the house even when my mom and I wouldn't. He said an alarm clock in their room went off at 6am and wouldn't shut off even though he shut it off and then unplugged it. He had to smash it to get it to stop and he says he thought he still heard the radio playing even after that.

The second time I saw him was at night and my friend came over to spend the night. We kept hearing something in the middle of the night. I got up, looked around and there was nothing. I saw a shadow move and I just said "Dad, knock it off I'm trying to sleep." The noises stopped and I stopped seeing his ghost when we moved. I've gone back to visit his grave once. My mom and I poured out a 6 pack of bud on his grave and that was that.



Photo Credit: Third Eye by Aria Blair

Anyways back to prophetic dreaming. A few nights ago I decided to meditate just before bed and ask for a prophetic dream. I asked about my love life because it's been rather dull.

Here's what I wrote in my dream journal:
09/15/13 In Response To Dreaming
Last night I begged Diana, Hecate and Aphrodite to show me the future of my love life. I asked for a prophetic dream so real and so vivid that it was like I was living it - so I wouldn't forget it.

What I was shown, if my wish was granted was a confirmation of my greatest fear in the "love department."

It showed after a fashion (a portion of me being a cast member of the TV show Glee & dating Kevin McHale while living in a house with the whole cast before going to the premiere of our new movie), me snuggling with Ron* and I snuggling on the couch comparing our new samsung galaxies. Ron, one of my oldest FRIENDS from high school. I let him cheat off me in marine biology, I lived with him for months without rent and always wondered if there was a motive there. (For him not for me - for clarification) There was that one facebook status on a drunken night, he has always been there for me and he has possibly two children with different women now. How was this dream of any help to me now? A relationship would be as improbable and it is impossible. What could this mean?

Is it saying I screwed up and missed a chance? I never even felt butterflies with him. Or is it saying there is no love for me and deep friendship is all I will ever have with anyone. Oh Goddesses help me.

The next day we ended up talking for the first time in weeks and it had been a month before that since we talked. Whenever he has a girlfriend he doesn't talk to me, as is the way with most guys. Just like girls they drop their friends for their significant other. That's fine by me, I'll be here when you need me. He was having girlfriend problems that I somehow walked into and ended up being apart of, had to wiggle my way out of and then give sideline advice. We won't talk again until he's either fighting with or broken up with this girl. It's just how our relationship is and that's fine. It's weird though that I'd dream about him on the eve of him having relationship problems and needed advice. Perhaps that was all my dream meant. Was that he would need me. We did talk via cellphone and we were looking at cellphones in my dream. I could be looking into the love portion of that dream all wrong as it was my second of the night. It may have had nothing to do with anything except my friend would need me and contact me with a cellphone. Perhaps I'll fall for someone famous, a musician maybe? Ah, who knows.

I asked for a clarification dream and had a dream about crafts! Go figure. I'll get no help on this one from them. Do you have prophetic dreams or any type of clairvoyant visions? How do you interpret what you see? Are you ever wrong? I am in need of guidance, which I am meditating on but advice, experiences shared would be helpful and appreciated!


Comments

Popular Posts