Witch Survey

Witch Survey

1. Your favourite type(s) of magick. Protective magick or stone magick

2. Your least favourite type(s) of magick. Ceremonial magick. I'm a solitary so I don't feel comfortable with it. 

3. How you feel about the Trifold Law (if you follow it) What do you mean how do I feel about it? I don't really have a feeling towards it. Of any religion I've ever come in contact with they've all had laws. Some I felt were ok and when I came across something I didn't like it was usually because a human had manipulated the meaning of it. The Trifold Law is a single law that is absolute and can apply to anyone not just those on their path. There is no feeling for it, just respect (by following it) or disrespect (by not following it).

4. How did you first meet your spirit guide/animal.  It came to me in a dream. In all seriousness I have two animals that I am drawn to repeatedly. Owl and Bear. The bear was kind of a nickname that stuck when I got the chicken pox from my dad. I was miserable and snuck outside to itch my back on the grand walnut tree in our yard and my dad caught me, hands that were bound in oven mits with duct tape up in the air and was wiggling back and forth. He said it was like I was doing a thank you dance to the tree and looked like a bear itching its back. From then on I was bear and it just stuck. Now for some reason whenever I see them I just get chills, ect. I usually don't see them around unless I am going to need ferocity or extreme strength for upcoming events.
My Goddess is Athena for her wisdom and her strategic battle skills. I feel like my path in this life is to battle my way through it using my wit and wisdom. Owl's were Athena's totem, as are mine.

5. Your opinion on death (murder) curses. Law of three plus harm none. What do you think my opinion on murder curses are? I mean, haven't you heard? Death comes in THREES.

6. When do you feel your most powerful.  It varies. Certain times, certain situations.

7. How would you keep a hex at bay.  I almost always have some kind of protective charm around me. It's my thing. I constantly wear Onyx (my favorite stone), jet, obsidian or tourmaline and currently I am in a phase where I am wearing an Amber ring of my mothers that is helping to keep me grounded while I live away from her for the first time since I was 5. Amber offers a slight form of protection but when I'm going into areas of the unknown I bulk up on the Onyx.

8. Do you work with the dead?   If the dead come to me for some reason and they are aimable then I will work with them. I do not seek them out. I know too many witches who were too big for their britches! As in they messed with magic and spirits that they shouldn't have and got into some serious trouble.

9. How do you feel about using dead animals. I refuse to kill an animal or any living thing by my own hand on purpose or for the purpose of my craft. If I collect a plant or living species I thank it for it's service and offer something of myself in respect. If I were to find a butterfly or something that died in nature without any interference from myself and nature allows me to take it then I might but I can't see how killing an animal would have purpose in anything I'd ever want to deal with.

10. Do you use blood for any casting.  I don't believe you should weaken yourself for magic in any form.You can use dead skin, a fingernail clipping (which is actually bone and might be a better substitute) or your hair if you need a piece of yourself to give as an offering. Blood is precious and should not be used for anything dark.

11. What’s your opinion on complicated rituals/spells. Take on only that which you are comfortable and if it is a type of magic you are unsure of then make sure there is a way to undo what you have done. How many times have you seen charmed or Buffy the vampire slayer or the secret circle? They may be fictional and exaggerate but they all have a common and truthful theme; they don't always cast correctly and when they try to and take on too much they mess up and it has serious consequences.

12. How did you begin your Craft. Friend of the family introduced it but I had always been interested.

13. What magicks have you used on yourself.  Mostly protection, luck or healing. I use a lot of traveling spells and amulets. I've done one binding spell to protect myself from another.

14. What magicks have been used against/at you by another/others. I've never felt anything but again, I'm big into protection spells. It would have to be very complex and powerful to get past my wards.

15. What type of record do you keep of your information (spells, potions, charms, etc). I’m really bad with keeping that kind of a record. Also, if someone where to find it they might be able to undo a charm or ward and leave myself or someone unprotected. I can't have that.

16. What type of curse was the last one you used. I don’t meddle with curses.

17. What magickal artifacts do you use most. Stones and candles

18. Which of your magickal artifacts did you make yourself.  Book of Shadows and part of my altar. I Found my altar table at a thrift store. It was an old kitchen cart that I sanded down, used a wood burning tool to carve & burn the ivy leaves onto the front trim. I then stained the wood a nice cherry. I love it so much and I spent maybe $50 on the whole thing.

19. What are your personal beliefs regarding:
19a. Gods/Goddesses - I have the same relationship with all positive beings - if you come to my aid I will return the favor.

19b. The Fae -   I am not a big fan of them, my mother likes the faerie magic but if they help me they help me and I don't mind returning the kindness.


19c. Demons.  Everyone has one? I haven't come in contact with any on my path. I feel as though being so strong with protection magic has had a hand in this but I could just be really lucky. I don't seek them out.

19d. Gremlins, brownies, pixies, ghouls.  I feel like some of this is getting a little Hollywood.

19e. Black vs White magick. Magic is neither black or white. It is both because nature is both; dark and light. Nature is about balance - with the perfect balance nature flourishes.

20. Define yourself: Wiccan, Witch, Pagan Etc…    I chose not to define myself by those terms since Witches are both Wiccan or Pagan and Pagan is the old religion Pre-Christianity and the Romans and Wicca is more of the new forms of paganism.

21. Patron God or/and Matron Goddess.  I have not yet found a patron God that speaks to me. My Goddess is Athena.

23. Your Sun Sign.     Leo :)

24. Your Moon Sign. Scorpio

25. Your Rising/Ascending Sign. Leo

26. Your Favorite Element. I don't have a favorite element but I am aligned with Fire.

27. Favorite Tool. My Book of Shadows

28. Favorite form of Divination/Scrying.  Pendulum

29. Favorite Sabbat.  Samhain

30. Pet Peeve of the Pagan Community.  I'm not big in the community so I don't have one that pagans do as a whole, it's usually something certain individuals do but I try not to let that cloud my view of everyone who is pagan. For example I do get irked some people that tell me they can fly (and they are so adamant that they flew on their broom to Tokyo or wherever) or during an astral projection they had sex with a celebrity (yes, someone did tell me that and it was a dead celebrity too which made it worse) and then there are a few people who come up and touch you - NO. That's a no-no. You don't touch other people's things and you certainly do not touch me. I very rarely allow it and I never let people touch my things - especially on my altar.

Comments

Popular Posts